Monday, 5 July 2010

Dreams and allusions Part 2




If you havent read part 1 of the Dreams and Allusions posts, scroll down. :)

Continued from my last post, My weird and wonderful dream from last night.

Vicky POV (Woooop!)

Bahahaha, this dream is so cool. Weird, but cool. I bet this is confusing you. Maybe? Well, ill make it easier for you. My dad is apparently the leader of this big company thing and they are trying to save people by bringing them to this safe base in alaska. My brother, John, is helping. I dont really have a brother called John, but apparently in my dreams I do. Go figure. So, theres some massive underground base under the main base above ground. Its like this diagram, but not.

Without the city above it and it doesnt look like a bee hive. Its just a massive bunch of tunnels with big rooms and stuff. Big cafeteria, swimming pools, stables, sports halls, loads and loads of supply rooms and most likely thousands of bedrooms. Im guessing this place was built years and years in advance, so they must have known what the umbrella corperation were doing. Hey, if it doesnt make sense, I have my argument down, Its my dream. So anyway, Proir to yesterday I begged my dad into saving certain people, and some of them are arriving soon.

“When will they be here?” I stare up impatiently at John.
“Go bug Riley if you wanna know so badly” I stomped off to Riley’s tent and flicked his ear.
“Hey, what was that for?” He complained as he turned his chair to look up at me.
“For your attention. It’s short, like you.” I giggled when he shook his head.
“When’s the G-17 going to get here?” I asked as Riley went back to one of his many computer monitors.
“Why should I tell you? You’ll flick my ear again when you want something”
“because you love me and you know you want to tell me.” I giggled as I kissed his cheek.
“Fine” he muttered as he checked the tracker. I looked at the screen and saw that it showed the chopped close to the base so I ran out before Riley could tell me.
“You’re welcome” I heard Riley call at me when I was out the tent and running towards John. The first chopper landed and I ran straight up to Seann to hug her. She was really confused, as was everyone. She had no idea why she was here, and she had bought her closest friends and family.
“Vicky, Dad needs to speak to you.” John said. I rolled my eyes and nodded.
“Seann, Ill tell you what I can later. Room six at half six tonight.” I whispered and then went to hug Claire. Claire was taller than I had expected and we had a quick giggle before I ran off. “You wanted to talk, dad?” I said, entering the tent.
“You have to see Stark later for training. Im just reminding you.”
“Oh, okay” I said, smiling. Dad handed me an earpeice, so I put it in and turned it on.

Loads of people were talking to me and asking me to do things all day through the earpiece. I could have taken it out and thrown it in a bucket of water. Thats the problem when your dad and brother were both in such high positions of a company, people expect you to follow their footsteps. I must have ended up fixing a few computers, which werent even broken to start with, and fileing loads of boring reports. I headed into Rileys tent to give him the earpiece. Id had enough.
“Deactivate this for me, Rile’s.” I smiled at him.
“Sure” he said, taking it from me and tampering with it for a few minutes. When he was finished, he gave it back and I put it in my pocket.
“Thanks. Whens the next arrival?”
“There’s actually three choppers coming in now.”
“Three!? Riley, Why didnt you tell me sooner?” I hit him and he frowned.
“Hey, Your brother just took the clipboards before you got here. Run along Miss moodswing.”
“Im not having moodswings” I laughed as I ran outside to look for John. When I caught up with him I walked at his slow pace towards the landing pads.
“Has the zombie thing even happened yet?” I asked, looking up at him. He patted my shoulder.
“Soon.” He nodded. I ran off somewhere and got some drinks and put them in my satchel before running back to John. I watched as the choppers came in for landing one by one and then people started to get off. I giggled excited and looked away so I couldnt see anybody.

“Settle down, Please.” John said in his authority voice. “You have all been bought here because you all have one thing in common. Thanks to that similarity, you have more change of surviving the oncoming storm that will devistate this planet.” He paused to let people whisper to each other and then carried on, all the while, I had my face behind a clipboard I had taken from him. “No need to worry now, but all will be explained when the time comes.” He looked down at me. Awr damn, I thought to myself. He wanted me to continue. I lowered the clipboard trying not to grin and cleared my throat.
“Basically, This is your life until things get sorted. Under your feet, about 20 feet approximantly, is a complex network of tunnels. There you will be safe from any threats that will inevitably happen in the following month’s.” I looked up at John, giggling quietly at how weird it was saying that, and he continued with something I wasnt expecting, because he had never said anything bar the usual.
“The thing that each family has in common is her” He pointed at me. I hid behind the clipboard again. Well, until he took it from me that is. I heard a few people muttering, but since this whole thing is a dream, I waved and looked down the line.
“Tanja, Inger, Malene, Bayan, Summer, Christina. Oh and Louise! Hey!” I grinned. I took out a carton of Club Orange from my satchel and ran over to Louise. I hugged her and gave her the carton before running back to John.

“How do you know my daughter? And how did you know she likes that drink so much?” Louises mum started. Loads of other parents who were muttering things spoke up too, having a go at me for knowing their children. I stopped smiling and looked at everyone yelling at me. John tried to calm them down but I ran off. I ran into Kellan, actually. I had made friends with a lot of people and Kellan was one of them. He picked me up and took me back over. Putting me down next to John, Everyone went quiet.
“Kellan, youre a big meanie” I said. He chuckled and ruffled my hair up.
“Everything okay, John?” He asked. John nodded.
“See ya later, then.” Kellan kissed my hair and walked off. I grinned and turned back to everyone.
“Kellan’s cool” I giggled.
“Its not her fault she knows us, Mum” Louise said. “We’ve all talked to her online, and before you say anything, I know but I dont care.”
“Shes crazy, but shes cool.” Someone else said.
“Im a lot like Alice” I said giggling. Then I remembered.
“Oh yeah, Ashley !!” I said, and then covered my mouth. “Nevermind” I had to give her a key to her wardrobe. I kind of stole it before she arrived. Whoopsy’s?
“Okay, we need to get you inside now” John said just as dark clouds started to form above us. As everyone headed over to the elevator, I grabbed Louise and whispered in her ear.
“Room six at half six.” She nodded and then went on. I had to give the ear peice back to dad so I rushed to his tent before it started to pour down.

“Its almost six o’clock, Victoria.” My dad said as I handed him the deactivated earpeice. (He would be none the wiser, so it was fine)
“Yup, I know” I said.
“You have training at six until seven, you better not be late.” He raised his eyebrow at me.
“Six ‘til seven?” I said. Damn, I was meeting Seann and Louise at half past six. Great.
“Yes. Now, you better get down there, Stark doenst like it when your late.”
“He doesnt like it when Im early either” I muttered under my breathe as I grabbed an umbrella and ran outside. Getting into the elevator, I found riley rewiring the monitor on the side. As we were going down, he was wrapping red wires and blue wires around the box in which the monitor sits in. I put my hand in my pocket and took out the key.
“Riley, can you do me a favour please?”
“Another one? Fine, sure. What is it?” He said as he picked up his screwdriver.
“This key needs to go to Ashley Greene in room 68,” I said as I slid the key into his front jeans pocket. “Promise me you will give it to her”
“Promise” He nodded. When the elevator stopped, I ran out and went to my room to get changed. I picked up a bottle of water and ran down three long corridors to the gym where Stark was waiting. I ran in, looked at the clock and poked my tounge out at him. Six on the dot. Stark chuckled.
“Afternoon, Mr Stark” I joked, skipping up to him and kissing his cheek. I went and picked up the training staff and we started to fight. This is the part where I started to wake up from my dream. I was fighting some robots with swords (Yeah, I know, weird) and then I looked up at the observation balcony where Seann and Louise were watching me. I had to concentrate on beating the robots up like the bad a$$ I was in my dream because it was mentioned that they were on kill mode. Yeah, I have no idea. And this, my lovely, is where I woke up. The end.

Well, wasnt that long? Lots of text allusion in this. So, did anyone notice any of my influences in this dream? An army man called John = Dear John, not that Ive ever read the book or seen the film. Stark is from House of Night. Riley the tech guy is from National treasure, and Im in love with him.

The whole Zombie thing, Umbrella corp, safe base is alaska is from Resident Evil Extinction, the third RE film. They are the best horror films ever, and there is a new one coming out soon, so all good. The characters mentioned, if they arent from films or movies, are my friends online. Dont ask why i didnt dream about my other friends, although I did dream a part where Seann and Louise wanted to know what was going on, so at dinner in the cafeteria, they called Rebecca over and they had a nice long chat.

Longest blog posts ever? I think so. Love you xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates