Monday, 5 July 2010
Dreams and allusions Part 1
Straight from the heart of Vicky at 17:18My dreams seem to be getting strange. Scientifically proven, its not the cheese, not that ive been eating cheese before I go to bed lately anyway. Last nights dream had a lot of people in, so I thought Id share it in story form, because it was really long and detailed, which is kind of unusual for my dreams as they are usually blurs and colours and people running around and whatnot. From what I understand, all of the people to be mentioned are in some massive safe base in Alaska. This is because it was in Resident Evil: Extinction. I know, I need to stop watching horror films. Im guessing that there is this secret organisastion that has built this safe base so that people can be protected and saved from the imminent danger. It was weird because In my dream at first, I was the army guy. Then I was me again. I know its strange, but I cant help what I dream about. So, without futher ado, my dream.
John Pov
“Riley, Which Clipboard?” I watched Riley type frantically onto his keyboard. He was the groups tech guy, he knew everything about computers and nerdy stuff like that. He wasnt too bad. He’s my best friend and after hours, we always get a couple of beers in and play poker or darts or whatever.
“Just a second” He muttered while spinning around on his chair doing something else.
“Riley? Another chopper just landed, I need to know what rooms people have been assigned to. Which clipboard?”
“Urr...Seven”
“Are you sure?” I said, picking up the clipboard labeled seven.
“Yup. Hey, John, do you know how to reprogramme a turret in less than a minute?” He swiveled on his chair and looked at me. I laughed.
“Are you joking? I can do 100 press-ups in three minutes, but thats about it. Now stop showing off” We both laughed as Riley swivled back to his computer screen and started doing whatever he does. I walked out of tent 3A and into the dry weather, heading for one of the many landing pads by the fence. The fence surrounded the whole base, and there were towers stationed along them every 50 feet or so where gunners and watchmen took their shifts eating sandwiches and watching the surrounding environment. There was no need for them to be there at the moment but it was better to be safe than sorry, as Dad would say. I walked up to the line of confused people and took my position in front, standing straight with my hands behind my back, still holding the clipboard. I took a look at a few of the civilians and knew who they were. I nodded at Claire Redfield, who was the one who gathered up these civilians. She nodded back and gave me her best flirty smile.
“Now is not the time for explainations. You have been bought here for a reason. You will be safe here. All questions will be answered when the time is right, please follow me to your accomadation.” I followed the regular procedure and when everyone was where they were supposed to be, I went to tent 1A to report back.
“Claire’s group has arrived and they have been dealt with, Sir”
“Good job, son” He nodded. “At ease, Soldier. Todays targets complete?”
“VIP’s to arrive shorty, Sir.”
“Okay, thats good. How’s your sister?”
“She’s somewhere, Dad.” I said. Then my dad and I shared one of those smiles. He chuckled.
“She knows who’s coming today, so keep her controlled.”
“Ill try my best, sir.” I saluted and chuckled with him. He sat back at his desk in the middle of the tent and looked up at me.
“Dismissed, Soldier.” I nodded and walked out of the tent. A few steps out, I bumped into Claire. She giggled.
“Long time, no see” She said, flicking her short blonde hair.
“Nice to see you still alive, Claire”
“Just a few grazes. The umbrella corp are getting better at aiming. Lets hope they know less that what we think they do.” We both shared a moment and then we walked in opposite directions. Claires always had a thing for me, as have a few other girls, but I dont see why. I decided to go look for my little sister. Knowing whereabouts she would be, I went into Riley’s tent again and put clipboard seven back.
“VIP clipboard, Riley?” I asked. Riley turned to me, scribbling on a piece of paper and then, attaching it to a clipboard, he threw it to me.
“I completely forgot to do it earlier, Sorry dude.” He said. I chuckled as I grabbed it.
“Its fine.” I turned and then looked back at him “Hey, what reminded you?”
“Your sister stopped by”
“Figures” I laughed and walked out, back to the chopper pads, to wait for the next arrival.
I saw here hiding behind a crate. I walked up behind her and tried my hardest not to laugh.
“Vicky, What are you doing?” She jumped
“Oh my god, John, dont do that to me” She said as she hit my arm. I messed up her hair and she pulled a face. Fixing her hair she took my hat and put it on her head. I chuckled.
“Dont avoid the question”
“Nothing, honest. I was just sitting in the shade.”
“and watching out for the next chopper?”
“Ofcourse” She grinned.
“Dont freak them out”
“I wont. Hey, can I stand next to you and look all official and cool?” She giggled.
“Well, your wearing the hat and the trousers. Im sure you’ll look the part.”
“Yay!” she bounced up and down. I handed her the clipboard.
“You can hold this.” She looked down at it.
“This is the better half of the VIP’s isnt it?” she grinned up at me. I shrugged.
“I have no idea, Is it?”
“Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, Andrea Kelley, Caitie Uhlmann, Huge Grant, Russell Brand, and all their close friends and family, as well as loads of others to come tomorrow. Who picked these people? They are really random”
“Its your dream, you numpty” I laughed.
“True” she laughed
When the day was over, I went underground via the elevator. I walked through the tunnels and walked to my room. I had a quick shower before rooting through my fridge for some beer. Grabbing it, I went back up to the surface and went over to Riley’s tent. The sun was begining to set in the distance and Vicky was where she usually was this time of day, laying on a blanket near the fence and watching the sun go down. I walked into the tent and threw a beer at Riley.
“So, choice tonight?” I asked.
“Poker is boring me now, how about darts?”
“Just dont drink too much like last time, I dont think Vicky will be happy if she has to sew your tent up again.” I laughed. After a few drinks and a few rounds of darts, me winning like usual, we both decided to head back for the night.
“Its your turn to take her back, Riley” I said, nudging him.
“She’s your sister!”
“Its your turn”
“Fine” He sighed and ran off to get her. I waited by the Elevator for him to come back and it didnt take long for him to come back with Vicky sleeping in his arms. We went down into the tunnels and followed the usual route to our rooms. We stopped at room six to drop Vicky off and then splitting up, Riley and I went back to our rooms. I got into bed and set my alarm for six am before sliding into the cold bed and falling asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment