Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Ahh !!



I have an English exam tomorrow. This is how much revising ive done for it. (^^) Ive learnt most of the spoken language terminology, so thats fine. Problem is, I havent even read all of the stories in 'The Bloody Chamber'. Ive got a good idea about them. Im sure it'll be fine. If all fails, ill write a huuuge essay on how strange Angela Carter is. She is apparently a 'Second wave' feminist, and it shows in her stories. Here's a good example; The story "The Snow Child" is based on Snow white, but its messed up. There is a count and countess riding through the snow on their hourses. The count wishes for a girl "As white as snow", "hair as black as a raven" and "Lips as red as blood" or something along those lines. My explianation can easily be longer than the story, seeing that it is only two pages long. Basically, the countess gets Jealous and kills the child. The count then gets off his horse, rapes the dead body and then the body MELTS AWAY. I know, what the actual $%*!.
The message Angela Carter pus forward with this twisted fairy tale is that men would rather have fantasy than accepting women as they are, and apparently this is a view on how morbid and depressing human relationships are.

If you look closely at the picture, yes, yes that does say "The werewolf" and "Wolf-Alice". Most of the storys in this book are about fairy tales, Vampires and werewolves. It makes in a little more interesting on my part, seeing im obsessed with the Twilight saga. I even have to use words like Masochistic and Sadistic to describe some of the characters. Thats how cool I am. ;)



This picture shows all of the revision I have done for English. It includes distractions. The big picture is by Rebecca. She was doing History revision for her exam earlier today, which im sure she did fine in, and got bored. Here is a bigger version, so you can see it in all its glory;



*Click to Enlarge*

Try and find the following things, if you want to. Its like 'Where's Wally' ... or 'Where's Waldo' for non-United Kingdom dwellers.

Superman (Yes, really)
A Cow
Trotsky (The word, not the lunatic)
Vicky (Also the word, not actually a cartoon version of me)
Rebecca (Again, word)
A Shoe
A Rocket
A bunny (Trust me, there is one)
A Flower




This is the picture I did when I got bored of revising. Its a cute wittle elephant. The cotton pads around the picture are the ones I threw at Rebecca. She has the picture on her phone, so unfortunaly you cant see the damage I did, which was a lot. I also gave her a hump and called her the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Haha. I better go make myself some food now, seeing that my mother has failed to do so. Just because my father is away for work tonight, does not mean im not hungry !!

'ave a nice day. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates