Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Seize the day.



Here I am, here I stand
Took a picture of my hand
Bet you can tell it's not manicured
Here I am, half a man,
I'm not a doctor, I'm not a ten
And I never helped the score
I drive too fast, the team picked me last
I break the rules and like it
My body curves, I forget the words
I missed the serve and lost it

All my flaws to see
But you still love
Love me


Here I am face down
Sometimes I smile or frown
But it depends on the time of day
Here I go off the road
I spend cash on my clothes when I still have bills to pay
My skin isn't clear
Haven't spoken in a year
'Cause I still have fears I'm tryin' to overcome

My truths aren't right
My jeans are too tight
When I pick a fight I turn to run

All my flaws to see
But you still love, love me
You still love me



Not everybody can be perfect. We should know that by now. We all have our flaws, but we should learn to accept them. I repeat things over and over again, I’m not good at whispering, I do my work at the last possible minute, I spend most of my time on the internet, I laugh at things others don’t find funny, I don’t care about my hair too much, I choose comfort over looks, I have horrible teeth, I’m too tall, I’m not the prettiest, I’m not the smartest. But I know one thing I am. Me.

I repeat things because I have a memory like a goldfish. I can whisper, I just don’t get the clue when to do so. I procrastinate and panic about my work, but most of the time it gets done. I have friends on the internet to keep me company when I’m not talking to my friends in real life, and I love them all to pieces. I laugh at things I find funny, I don’t go along with a crowd. It’s my sense of humour, not theirs. My hair isn’t exactly my best feature, but I’ll find a haircut that suits me one day. As long as you feel comfortable in your clothes, you’ll be fine. Some of my teeth overlap, but that’s part of me, and it isn’t that bad. I’m 5 foot 9 inches, I recently grew half an inch, but it doesn’t matter. It’s not like I tower over that many people. I’m not the prettiest, but I still have my moments. I’m not the smartest, but I’m still learning. I am me, and there’s nobody I would rather be.

I’m only seventeen. Carpe Diem. Seize the day. Do what I want to do when I want to until I can no longer. And you should do the same. No matter who you are, somebody will love you. You deserve that much. Imperfect is the new perfect.

I like being motivational sometimes; a whole new meaning to this blog’s name. Inspirations.

Yesterday must have been the best Monday I have ever had at school. I was just so hyper. I woke up at 7:30 to go in and do my IT presentation that I hadn’t done at the weekend because I was too busy being cool on Twitter as Jasper. Yes, I have three Twitters now, and two are Twilight Role Play ones. I like to escape reality sometimes, can you blame me? I finished my presentation within an hour and had two hours plus break to kill, so I sat with Ashleigh and helped her with some of her psychology work. We had a bit of a laugh and then played cards at break. I taught her how to play Shed.

IT came around and my presentation was awesome. Within the first few minutes of the lesson, I was all “I’m going to be an idiot and say I’ll go first and then regret it as soon as I say it” and then I skipped up to the front. I laughed a lot during the presentation, but that’s because I spelt loads of things wrong. But overall, at least it was done. Went home, had some food, went on Skype until I went to bed at midnight and all was good.

October already? Its been a whole year since I’ve known my Chatroll friends! Christina and Claire are the best out of the group though. I knew Zoey anyway, but the group was mainly Christina, Claire, Lilz, Jess, Beth, Zoey and I. Daym, I miss the original Twilight-Role-Play-101 crew. Back when Chatroll’s had subscribers. When I got 100! –Sigh- Good times. Next stop, February!

After this blog, I will attempt to write my psychology essay and if I somehow finish it, I will move onto the psychology notes. I will have a shower at 6:30 and then get nice and cozy in bed, twittering and whatnot until I go to bed. I will wake up at 7:30am because I get worried that if I have lie-ins on weekdays, I may not be able to wake up at the right time on the Friday when I have psychology. I’m not going to sleep in ever again! Tomorrow is a new day.

Until next time, smile and make the most of the here and now. Much love to you.

Victoria Jayne Telling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates