When everybody else was sat with their takeaways and cups o' tea watching XFactor, I was snuggled up in bed dosed up on every single cold and flu remidy in the whole entire ... house. Which wasnt that much to be honest. So, there I was drowning in Vic's Vapour rub, coughing up the benalyns cough syrup, which Im sure isnt supposed to happen, and trying to sleep away the stupid ill-ness-ness of it all, I just couldnt fall asleep. I actually forced myself to sit through the whole of New Moon again. I know!? Even the Jacob bits. He's still a massive knob, and I still laughed when Bella and Edward were all "I dont want you to come.... You dont want me to come?.... No, I dont want you to come." My minds in the gutter, sue me.
So anyway, after New Moon, I tried to go back to sleep, and I still couldnt. So, Plan C was put into action. I played "No sound but the wind" on repeat. and, It worked! This song never fails to make me sweepy. and I just learnt it on Piano, too. Well, Its not that hard, its just four chords over and over and over.. and well, I think you get the idea.
I did have some strange dreams though. The one I can remember is like, there were a bunch of old people and then Rebecca and I in this ... swimming pool room? But the pool was empty and the whole room was slowly filling up with water, so we had to dig our way out of the syrofoam walls? where Becca and I jumped out to let all the old people drown (IRL we love oldies, most of the time) and then Becca got attacked by some weird half otter half tiger thing. And then I woke up. Oh, and In my dream, we drowned Hayley and her BF, and I cried(?) and then realised that I didnt actually care, so I laughed. Yeah, Dreams are weird, especially mine.
School work is okay at the moment, minus the half of the english homework on money attitudes thats due tomorrow. Yeah, well, I kinda only did half. I missed out the attitudes to money now, and the attitudes to money in the family (Which in all honesty is a little bit personal and a touchy subject, especially to be giving it to a teacher I dont know-slash-even-like)
The 1920's attitudes to money is done, well, I think, and Ive also done the short 300-500 worded story with the theme of money. Baring in mind its very suckish, here it is. -Shrugs-
The crisp smell of the freshly cut grass overwhelmed her as she ran across the fields in the blazing afternoon sun. She tried to hush the crying baby in her arms as she ran, but it was no use. A thought ran through her mind. Maybe her baby boy knew how wrong this was, too. She pushed it out as soon as she thought it. She already felt bad about what she was doing. Stinging nettles pricked at her bare calves as she ran into the woods, a backpack with over £100,000 contained in a briefcase slung over her left shoulder. When she felt she had gone deep enough into the woods, she found a tall oak tree with a few fallen logs around it. She climbed up to a low branch of the tree and sat on it, leaning against the cold, rough bark of the oak.
“Shush Roxas,” She cooed to calm the emotional infant down.
“Mummy’s okay now.”
She rocked little Roxas in her arms until he eventually sniffled himself to sleep. She smiled and relaxed a bit, holding him close to her torso so she could lean forward to get the backpack. She slid a bottle of water from a side pocket and drank at it greedily, wrinkling her nose up in disgust when the warm liquid crawled down her dry throat. She put the bottle back into its pocket and leant back against the tree, exhaling heavily. Her eyes drooped and she fought the exhaustion that slowly crept up on her unsuccessfully. Not long after, she fell asleep, clutching Roxas close to her. She awoke a few hours later, a cool breeze whistling through the leaves of the surrounding trees, to Roxas gurgling and giggling to himself.
She smiled down at him and felt more relaxed now, but she knew she could never be completely carefree and relaxed any more. Not after stealing from the van. The soft breeze that swirled constantly around the mother and child now was chilling them both. She had packed a blanket in the backpack just in case, so she leant forward to open the bag. She unzipped the clasp quietly, her hands trembling a little, and pulled at the blanket. It was stuck under the stolen briefcase so she tugged at it, but when the blanket slide out from the backpack, the briefcase came out too. It slid off the tree branch, toppling to the ground, hitting a few smaller branches on the way and opening, notes flying everywhere and being carried away on the gust of wind travelling through the forest.
She gasped and watched as some of the money drifted away out of her reach. A man stepped out of the darker part of the tree line, hands in pockets, just then. She tensed up, watching as he looked up at her and spoke boldly. “Money doesn’t grow on trees, you know.”
I finished this today, after doing Benjamins homework. -Facepalm- He only read one chapter of "Pochahontis" and I had to write down what he thought about it. He was all "Well, It was boring cos the boy dropped the necklace down the bluff" and I was all "Well, It wouldnt have been boring if you read the rest of the story to find out that he jumped down and almost drowned to retrieve the necklace, dammit!"
Then, I had to help him with his place value and Partitionings. Urr, Come again? What do they teach kids these days?
Then, I had to draw a chariot, horses, and a helmet from the Roman period for him. I mean, he actually made me because he "Couldnt draw it himself".... So basically, I did an 8 Year olds homework today. Fun fun fun.
This week I need to revise for an end of unit psychology test, and then finish reading "The Great Gatsby" I want Nick and Jordan to be together so much. They are so CUTE together. And I want Daisy to be with Gatsby, but the teacher RUINED IT AND TOLD US HE DIED! Dammit, Im not good with new teachers. All the teachers I have, Ive had before, so I know and like how they teach. But with this one, she talks down to us like were still in year seven or something. She will ask a question and if nobody answers, she'll look through the register and call somebody out to answer. O.o
And also, if someone answers and she thinks its wrong, she'll repeat it and then say "Or it could be..." saying the right answer, and its like WTH!? She's almost as bad as UglyMcLaurence.
Have I told you the story of UglyMc?? Well, She was a trainee English teacher last year. She had been a journalist for ages and wanted to change careers or something. Well, one day she decided we'd play a game of noughts and crosses where you had to pick a word from the board and explain it in 30 seconds without stopping. All the words I knew had gone, but I was picked and I didnt exactly want to play anyway. I was happy just sitting there and listening. she picks me and I say "No, Im okay thanks" and then we end up having an argument because I was "Defying her".... Yeah, that was her catchphrase. "Dont Defy Me!"
Well, anyway, I ended up getting kept behind at the end, where she was all "Dont Defy me!" and I was all -Records argument with Becca's phone- "Urm... Its noughts.... and crosses?" "Dont Defy Me!" "DDIIIIEEE -Stabs with pencil-"
...
......
...
Okay, so I didnt murder her. Im not usually that ..... defying? Urr... The word im looking for is gone. Im not usually uncooperative? -Shrugs- That will do. But it was just her. Its like, some teachers clash with me so much, I will do anything and everything to annoy them. I remember the last lesson we had with her, I sat with a thesauras insulting her. LMAO! and I took a VERY attractive photo of her and editted it. I wont put it here because I may or may not get in trouble at some point. She like to search blogs. She had a picture of Belle deJour, or whatever that call girls name is, up on the screen, boobs and all, at one point. Oh, and then there was the .... 'Game' ... where we had to look at a piece of paper she was holding and go back to the table to remember what was on it and draw it out. I took a picture of it. I was a reeeebbbbeeeeelll. You should know Im not ARGUMENTATIVE, THATS THE WORD!!!
Okay, Its half nine and my medicine has kicked in. Non-Drowsy my ass!
Night. Love you <33
Sunday, 10 October 2010
Homework, "Dont Defy Me!"
Straight from the heart of Vicky at 21:00
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment