You remember the uh-maze-zing duck on a surfboard I decorated for work? Well, the duck race was on Wednesday. Judging by this picture below, on a scale of 1 to Fixed, how well do you think it went?
I think we guess “Fixed as fuck” on that scale, huh? I guess that's the problem with small villages when the judges of the competition spend a lot of time at the pub of the winning duck. I’m not bitter or anything…
We almost won the race though, until the duck was pushed into some bushes and ended up almost last. The hat Alice had made, however, did float pretty well and ended up being the first thing to the finish line. Shame it didn't class as a victory.
Because there isn't a carnival this year, the duck race has a couple different stalls for cakes and face painting, as well as a Hog Roast and a band. Surprisingly enough, where were quite a few people there. I took my parentals with me as they wanted to actually support me for something I had done for once, but once we were there Mother kept complaining about how late the race was and whenever Dawn would come over, they wouldn't go over to see her with me, despite knowing her. Those two are so socially awkward at times, I swear. Its like when we go out for a meal and my mum gets all flustered because she cant cope with deciding what drink she wants as she sits down. I know we haven't ever been a family to go out for meals a lot, but c’mon! And sometimes they sit there staring at people and making comments. How did I become so non-judgemental on people when they people watch and snicker about peoples sizes or looks? I people watch, but I don't make comments, because I don't know peoples stories, and I have no right to make a comment on somebody who passes by, just like nobody has the right to do the same to me. Its called common courtesy. I don’t understand this world sometimes. Or my own parents. Don't get me wrong though, I love my mum and dad very much, I just feel sometimes that maybe I’ve surpassed them on having.. street smarts in the modern age?
This week, however, was very busy to start with! Monday was the Duck race, and then Tuesday I got home from work, had a Drs appointment at 3 and then babysat for Dawn for an hour or so until her husband came home. Wednesday I had to take Binx to the vets for a booster shot and she was so sweet for the Vet and didn't even flinch at the injection. We mentioned about the loss of fur at the base of her tail from cleaning, and the vet confirmed that the hair was blunt and most likely she was grooming herself too much in that area, so we have to keep an eye on it. But I’m sure it'll be fine. Thursday I napped for the first time this week, which is a huge improvement as of recent, because I’ve been coming home from work and passing out on my bed a lot. and today is Friday, I’ve finally clean up my room from last weekend when Tara slept over, and I’ve got the whole weekend ahead of me to chill out!
When Tara stayed last week, it was pretty fun to be honest. We walked (Yeah, walked a mile or so!) to waitrose for a Juice and some noms, and I made an effort to get served by Huyen, the Vietnamese girl I used to work with at WHSmith. I forgot how difficult it was to have her understand what you're saying sometimes, but she's a sweet girl. We got Mark to drive us back home from waitrose and ended up going straight back out to hang out at the park. I can not tell you how sick I get when I’m on playground things that spin, oh my days. Its not exactly the best feeling in the world, haha. But it was pretty fun. On Sunday, we ended up going back with AJ and I had to give him a piggy back half way there and all the way back. The good ache in my shin muscles after though! They still good ache a little now. The feeling of the weight being lifted off of you when you put the kid down though is so good. I liked the work out over the weekend. Maybe that's what contributed to my extra energy at the beginning of this week so I didn't nap so much.
These basket swings were pretty comfy. I could fall asleep on it if I were allowed. We kept switching between three different things: These basket swings, a rocking circle bowl thing and one of those swings where you sit on the circle seat and spin in a circle, like a merry-go-round. All in all, last weekend was pretty top notch, and this weekend wont beat it, but I get to go to Chiquitos with Zoey tomorrow for lunch and get some nachos, which I am super excited about. (So much so, I confused Chiquitos with Chipotle. Yeah, lets go to America for nachos.. I wouldn’t complain!)
Well, I’m off to go watch Warehouse 13! (I’m having withdraws from Lost Girl so I need a new show to get into, and 4 season on Netflix of Warehouse 13 seemed a pretty good idea. CLAUDIA IS SO BADASS!)
Anyway, I hope you had an amazing day and I will talk to you later. MWAH <3
BUH-BYE xxx





0 comments:
Post a Comment