Monday, 3 March 2014

Back from the American Dream

2014-02-21 14.17.36

 

Wasn’t it just an amazing adventure?

It took me a while to get around to packing for the trip, but once I was in that car on the way to the airport the excitement that had been bubbling in my stomach for weeks finally took hold of me. I was going back to Knoxville, TN! I’ll tell you this though, Washington Airport must love me. My first flight from London to Washington was late since we had sat on the runway for a good 40 minutes so when I hit customs I was already running behind, but to top it off the Visa machine thing wasn't working so the line of like 200 people had to fill in forms to get through customs. Which took even longer than it should have because they had run out of the English forms and only had Spanish or German and had to sit down with everyone to show them where to fill in what. Anyway, its safe to say I missed my flight out to Knoxville, which was heart-breaking and terrifying, but I had help from Carlos, a nice United spokesperson who helped me book a flight for lunch time the next day. I wasn't too happy about having to stay and sleep in an airport lounge over night, but I didn't have a choice so I put on my brave face and found a comfy (Well, comfy as it could be) corner with an outlet to charge my iPad. Thank goodness that Washington has unlimited free wi-fi because I don't know what I would have done for the 20 or so hours I was stuck in that corner.

2014-02-09 03.58.06-1

I was so tired after this ordeal (And pretty damn hungry after not eating for 24 hours plus) so as soon as I got to Knoxville I clinged to Misa for a little bit in the airport before we went to find my luggage with Tae and Tommy. I'm so glad my luggage didn't get misplaced, It would have been the icing on the cake. My zombie self was taken to get soup at Panera bread.. or whatever it was called, and it was pretty damn tasty, but I couldn't eat the bread bowl the soup came in because my stomach had shrunk. When we got back to the house I was pretty much in and out of consciousness for hours in the living room. I remember waking up and seeing Will was home and so I got up and hugged him and then I got taken to my room so I could officially pass out. I believe I slept really well even after my in and out nap time. Monday was Wills Birthday so we chilled for the day and then in the evening we had Tae babysit Chelsea so the three of us could go out to Downtown Knoxville to go to a place called The Melting Pot.

2014-02-12 10.23.48

2014-02-10 18.21.54

2014-02-10 20.14.07

It was a three course fondue meal and it was amaze balls. The first was this picture, where they had melted cheese in front of us on the hot plate and you have bread, apples and vegetables to dip into the cheese. Then after, they replaced the cheese with some seasoned oil and gave us plates of different meats and fish and we cooked each bit in the oil for ourselves. Then for desert we had chocolate with some sort of alcohol in it and a plate of different fruit and cake and cheesecake and it was an amazing experience to say the least. That night was pretty amazing, albeit a little cold, but Will was a gentlemen and gave me his jacket for the short walk to the car. We ended up getting home, getting into our PJs and we all fell asleep in their bed. It was an amazing first proper day back in the US with my best friends.

I have a bunch of pictures of food I ate and I bought some really cool things home (Like freaking bacon salt! BACON SALT) It snowed on Valentines day and Will got Misa and I both a bouquet of flowers.

2014-02-13 12.03.20

Aren't my American friends just so precious and amazing!? Also, on the second week we kidnapped Au’umn (Autumn) for a few days and a bunch of us played cards against humanity. When I say a bunch of us, I mean a bunch of us. There was Misa, Will and I, Autumn, Tae and Tommy and James and Melanie. It was hilarious and amazing and I loved that night.

2014-02-20 23.26.43

We got drunk too, and I was pretty hyper on Mountain Dew before I started drinking so I was pretty much crazy on a slight amount of Smirnoff. But I had to stop because I got all blotchy. I ate chicken and Autumn and I climbed into Chelsea’s cardboard playhouse. It was highly amusing, that's for sure. 2014-02-24 15.05.43

But sadly, I had to leave and its now been a week and a day since I’ve been back in the UK.

2014-02-22 15.05.48

Its back to work for me, and I’ve been pretty much trying to settle back in but I miss it more than anything. I miss my Misa hugs and cuddles. I’ve rearranged my bedroom and its pretty spacious and I love how it looks now. Its definitely helped me settle back into being home.

2014-03-01 16.15.43

2014-03-01 16.15.57

And now I’m sat at my beautiful desk on my pretty computer and I’m talking to Misa on Skype while she shops.

2014-03-01 16.57.23

So, I’m home, I've had another wondrous adventure to rule all adventures and in T-minus 7 months I’ll be back (for maybe even 3 weeks this time) and It’ll be as amazing as ever. But until then, its the daily grind of 6 days a week work and paying rent and coffee with Zoey to help me survive. But until my next blog post…

BUH-BYE! <33

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates