Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Welcome to the new year.

2013-12-11 07.53.54

There are exactly 32 days until February 8th 2014. Time always goes faster than you think. One minute its a hundred days, and then boom, you're practically there. Yep, Feb 8th I’m going back to America for two weeks, of course! This time I’m 110% more excited than I was last time because I know what to expect from the travelling side of things so I don’t have to be too nervous about what I’m doing with flights. The only nail biter is getting through customs in washinton because last time I went through american customs it was in Chicago, and I had met a really nice couple on the plane there so they helped me get through it. They also helped me grab my bags, and get to my next gate via a.. subway rail-like thing.

But I know that as soon as I get off my favourite tiny plane to Knoxville, I’ll go through those revolving doors next to the little security section and I’ll get the best hug ever; A hug that I’ve been missing for a whole four months now. It’ll be 5 months, but then between Feb and September, I dont even want to think about it.

Anyway, its 2014! How did I spend my last moments of 2013? I was asleep actually. I had worked my butt off in the bakery at work all day so it was pretty hard staying up past 10pm. And how did I do for Christmas? Well, lets go onto this topic with an open mind for the time being…

Christmas, I was really proud that I was getting everyone presents and I was enjoying wrapping them up and everything. Which is all great and dandy, but as always I was worried about what I was getting. I hate sounding selfish, but I worry I wont like what my family get me. Namely my mother because she doesnt know what I want ever. Probably because she doesnt know me at all. But, nonetheless I hate thinking that I wont like anything she gets me and I’ll make it obvious in my face. Apparently my poker face needs to up its game when it comes to Birthday and Christmas gift opening. (Well, get me decent shit then.)

Before I pop a photo in of what I got for Christmas this year, lets bare in mind that it was 80% better than my 20th birthday in July, where I was forced to fake a smile all day because I was at my nieces 11th birthday party (Her birthday is two days before mine) and a bunch of my family were there, only to find out none of them realised it was even my birthday. It was pretty heartbreaking, if I’m completely honest. My niece had originally had two cakes, but my sister felt bad for me so she lit the candles of one for me. Even writing this and remembering it all makes me really sad. I don’t remember what my parents got me, I think it might have been 50 pound. In hindsight, I should have just canceled having the day off work and gone in. But anyway, here is my Christmas presents (minus the chocolate selection box I ate, and the Chocolate Santa the kids ate)

2014-01-03 11.35.08

My parents actually got more than me this year, which is a first ever. I’m not gunna continue to sound like a grinch anymore, so I wont complain any more. I did however buy myself something to cheer me up. (I splashed out big time, guys!)

2013-12-28 07.22.08

YAY! 3DS and games. I definitely do not regret doing this. And I’m still left with a decent amount of money in my pocket, so thats a good thing! But I wont be lending anymore to my mother, I’m fed up with her “We should be able to help each other out with money like this” logic, meaning “Just do it or I’ll tell your brother and sister, and they’ll moan at you and write you a detailed list of how much it’ll cost for you to live somewhere that isnt here” … that legit happened when I wouldn't cough up 100 for the heater to be fixed.

Warning. Rant on Mother incoming!

She’s turned into a hungry, money eating dinosaur as of recent years. She’s “quitting” smoking currently (and has been for about 6 months now) where she uses E-cigarettes and buys the expensive refills, but she’s also smoking normally as well, so she’s spending twice as much on her smoking habit, but apparently its better because her health is benefitting from it. Hey… smell that…? I think its BULLSHIT!
Spending all this extra money on her crap as usual has ended up with having my cousin live with us again to A) keep him from sleeping in his car every night and B) put money in her pocket…
And, she’s getting more and more housebound (Lazy) with me working in a shop. I work about 5 minutes walk away from work and she’s only ever visited me a hand full of times when my sister would DRIVE HER here to do shopping, and even though she is fully capable of walking up to get some milk herself she’ll wait and get me to bring it home, buying it with my own money and forget to pay me back.

She’s getting more and more on my nerves. She keeps shouting at me to stop making her feel guilty when I bring up things like how horrible my birthday was, and I’m just there like.. good, you feel guilty because you know it was shit, at least. She dotes on my siblings 24/7 and never thinks about me, even though I’m the one who lives at home still (unfortunately)
Maybe its because I’m not married, and have kids already or something. I have to have babies to make her notice me? That’ll be a long while, I’m afriad. My sister comes once a week, every week to talk to mum about things like her kids and hubby problems and my mum is more than happy to sit and talk with her about it all, but she’ll not look away from Candy Crush long enough to even look at me while I’m trying to talk to her about something. Halloween, all I remember is my mother picking up certain candy for giving the trick-or-treaters because my sister liked them. So I asked what’s my favourite and she didn't have an answer.

And another time when my sister got a new haircut, she said “having new haircuts all the time is what makes your sister her.” and so I asked what makes me me, and her answer? “You’re stubborn, You roll your eyes too much and you don't clean up” Well thanks, that's the best description of some one ever, and that's just so me. *ROLLS FUCKING EYES*

END OF RANTING for now…

Well, at least I know who I am thanks to last year. And this year will only get better. I got to get more excited about my trip while at work today because Grace was asking me about last time, and I told her all about the different planes, and the 20 minute walk to my gate in Heathrow, and the Chicago subway, and my favourite shaky hug. I got a little behind with cooking the cheese twists, but I was happy so it’s all fine. I think if I’m working 6 days a week now that Brenda has retired, then I’m allowed to do something that makes the day go better at least.

Anyway, I’m thinking of painting something. Not sure what yet, but lets see what inspiration I can get.

BUH-BYE! <3

2013-12-01 11.46.18

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates