Thursday, 14 November 2013

A young bakers life

2013-09-22 18.23.54-1

I was very unaware that it was Children in need tomorrow. Well, its safe to say that everybody at work will be wearing PJs all day. I get to wear my adventure time PJ bottoms that I got in Hot Topic whilst I was in Knoxville. My favourite things ever. These PJs have Finn, Jake and the Ice King all over them, their faces in little bubbles. Misa found that if she tickled the ice king faces on my thigh, it was the funniest thing ever. Yeah, she was always tickling me. I guess I’m just a easy tickle target. o.O

Anyway, On monday night I had my trial shift at the Holiday Inn Zoey works at. I’m waiting to hear back about it, but the head chef said I did pretty well considering. Apparently it was a lot busier than its been for a long time, so they were swept off their feet a little. I did a couple food-y things, but I took myself aside to catch up on the dishwashing because they were running out of the pans and everything they were using, so I pushed all the stuff through the HUUUUGGEEE industrial dishwasher they have. Zoey helped me a lot, though. I would have been so stressed and worried if she wasnt there, oh days.

I had to work today because our other baker has a chest infection. More money for Vicky, yay. Sad about not being able to have a lie in this morning, but when the wages come in at the end of the month, It’ll be worth it. Plus I would much rather work in the bakery when Brenda is off because on Tuesday (When they didnt bother telling me about it) they made such a mess it was ridiculous to come back to on Wednesday. None of the slip mats had been washed, the sides hadnt been wiped down and the floor had more crumbs on it than would be there if Brenda and I didnt sweep for a month. (Which we dont do, because we clean up after ourselves properly)

and dont even get me started on the waste. There was a whole DAYS WORTH OF WASTE. I swear down, it was the most awful thing I’ve ever seen. And now that waste is sat in a trolley out the back of the store because they have a day to day waste budget to stick to so they dont care about it. That place, I swear.

I finally caved in, I’m going to the Christmas dinner with work. Dawn convinced me. Oh well, I guess if I can wear my new purple dress (Yes, I wear dresses now, and I enjoy purple so very much these days) then its alright. I do like my new dress. It was 7 pound on amazon. How amazing is that!?

But, I must go and scroll through Pintrest now, because thats where my addiction has taken me to. I love that site. Ahhh, pintrest, how I love thee.

Until the next post, dearest reader. BUH-BYE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates